Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm a Loser Baby....

I have no followers!  Still trying to figure this thing out....

So, I went and talked to our Communications and Special Events Manager at work this morning about possibly doing a presentation regarding Employment Services at the BLN meeting here in Pensacola sometime in the near future.  I was pretty much asking her to do it because, well, I suck at public speaking.  No really... it's BAD. When I get up to speak in front of a group of people I laugh (and can't stop), turn bright red and shake. Sometimes I even feel light headed.  It's not a pretty sight folks.  Of course she said she would... with one condition.  There is always a condition isn't there?  She wants me to attend a public speaking group that she goes to on Friday mornings at 7:30am (!).  Oh boy... what the hell have I gotten myself into?

In other news, I recently checked out Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings.  What a great group!  They were recommended by a friend and I'm really glad I took his recommendation.  Contemporary Motown and very soulful.  If I ever get any "followers" I would love to get some suggestions for some really great music.  I seem to be stuck in a rut here lately.  I tend to listen to Classic Rock and a wide range of Female artists- everything from Etta James to Ani DiFranco.  But I've also been known to jam out to Rob Zombie, Cake and Ween.  I'll listen to anything once. :o)

And lastly... I think I mentioned in my introductory post (1/1/2025 :o)) that I'm going to be checking out a Unitarian Universalist church this Sunday with my sister.  I've recently added a couple folks that stated in their blogs that they are Unitarian Universalists.  I've researched the church online and I've gotten a little bit of feedback from a friend who lives in Minnesota (which is where I seem to be finding most members btw!) but I would love to hear some more about it from a personal perspective.  What drew you to the Unitarian Universalist church? What are some of the values that they hold that are important to you?  Are they truly accepting of EVERYONE?  What are some of the social issues that they support?  I am very much looking forward to this Sunday and seeing what they have to offer.  I just hope I haven't set my expectations too high!

Until next time my (future) followers. ;o)

No comments: