Thursday, March 4, 2010

Loneliness, Onions and Babies

Oh my...

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/my_constituents_care_way_more?utm_source=onion_rss_daily

K got off work late last week (Friday 3:00am and he was supposed to be home Wednesday afternoon).  He was home a whole 5 days and got called back offshore a week early.  So he will be gone three weeks this time.  I miss him terribly and sometimes hate his job but I keep telling myself to think of the positives... (more money, better sex, appreciating each other more, blah, blah, BLAH)  *sigh*  It hasn't worked yet. :o(

On another topic.... I really want a baby...  so bad some days I could cry.  It's something I don't talk about in great detail with people because I'm afraid that's exactly what I'd do.  And I hate crying in front of people.  So much so that at funeral's I sit in the back so that if I do start crying I can leave and go to the restroom. I see friends' baby pictures and hear all of their wonderful kiddo stories, and I crave it.  I've been told I can't have a baby but I refuse to give up trying (plus trying is fun ;o)).  Some days, I think I'm too old to be trying to have a baby and others I think, so what!  I feel like I'm being left out of this amazing, special, club that mothers belong to and I want to join dammit!  Ugh... so frustrating.  On top of that, I'm scared to talk to K about this.  His daughter is almost grown now, he is 11 years older than I am and I don't even know if he would want another child.  This is something I should know right?  I just can't get up the courage to ask him about it.  I've hinted at it and he hasn't shot the idea down, but how do I know for sure if he is really open to it unless I come right out and ask him?  We aren't married.  Yet.  But at this point, I'm all for doing things ass backwards and getting pregnant first.  I used to dream of getting married, waiting two years to have my first child and then having another 2 years later.  Forget that man!  Just give me a baby now please.  Do I sound crazy?  Hmmmm... I think I just might. ;o)

Anyway... I just needed to get that out.  Back to work. :o)

No comments: